Certified Estate Specialist (CES)
The National Auctioneers Association’s program designed to help professional auctioneers understand how to properly conduct and deal with the settling of estates. The course also educates professional auctioneers on working with family members and dealing with lawyers and accountants.
This professional designation is designed to provide Auctioneers with custom education in conducting estate auctions. Auctioneers are called upon by families and attorneys to aid in the auctioning of an estate. The CES program provides Auctioneers with the professional and legal training to assist their clients with all their estate liquidation needs.
Training includes instruction in these areas:
- Legal and financial aspects of liquidating an estate
- Working with estate professionals (trustees, tax attorneys, financial planners, etc.)
- Marketing to estate planning professionals
- Role and responsibilities of the auctioneer
- Understanding the relationships of parties involved in the estate
- Marketing your auction firm to grow your estate auction business